Posts for: June, 2019
Does everyone in your home share the same dentist? Seeing a family dentist offers several important advantages that you may have never considered before. Read on to learn how your Washington, DC, dentist, Dr. Ralph Mazzuca, provides a range of family dentistry services that will help your entire household maintain healthy smiles!
Rearranging your schedule to make room for dental checkups can be challenging if your family sees multiple dentists. You not only have to take time off from work for your visits, but you also have to arrange paid time off if you accompany family members to their appointments. Depending on your workload or commitments, finding enough time for all of these visits may cause a few headaches!
However, when you visit a family dentist, you can schedule a group checkup with back-to-back appointments. Thanks to your group appointment, you'll need less time off and won't spend hours in the car or on the train traveling to dental offices.
The care you need
Diagnosing and filling cavities is certainly an important aspect of family dentistry, but the procedure isn't the only one offered by your dentist:
Family dentists offer:
- Regular checkups and cleanings that help you lower your risk of tooth decay and gum disease
- Bonding, veneers, and crowns can all repair damage to, conceal imperfections, and change the shape and length of teeth.
- Sealants to reduce your kids' cavity risk
- Root canals to preserve inflamed or infected teeth
- Bridges, dentures, and dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Teeth whitening to remove stains that dull teeth
- Tooth-colored fillings for a more natural appearance
No age limits
You'll never hear the words, "You're too old or too young," when you see a family dentist. The dentists see the entire family, from toddlers to senior citizens—after all, they're trained to treat oral health issues that can occur at any age!
A positive experience
Family dentists offer friendly, compassionate care and understand that dental visits can be difficult for young children and people who have dental anxiety. They'll take the time to put your fears at ease and explain dental procedures in easy-to-understand language.
Protect your family's oral health with regular family dentistry visits. Call your Washington, DC, family dentist, Dr. Ralph Mazzuca, at (202) 537-1088 to schedule your appointment!